CAT 416 Backhoe Serial # 4ZN19365 I need to change the controls around on the hoe. I have changed the linkages on JD before and was wondering if it could be done the same way? If so, does anyone know of where I could purchase a kit? The linkages are currently all straight. If this is not the proper way to do it, could someone tell me the procedure. Thanks.
What's it got right now and what are you going to
I don't know but also interested in a kit. Mines 4 levers
Well if its case controls cat doesnt support them any more cause they got sued an aftermarket does Now for normal jd controls there is a lot of kitsch sitting in cats used parts inventory But to switch from jd to excavator controls I think you need to swap hoses on the valve but it depends on the model
you want to go from 4 levers to 2
The CAT 416 C currently operates like a JD. The owner wants it to work like a CAT excavator.
I am pretty sure there was not a linkage kit to change that since it has to cross over control sections But I am fairly certain all 4 valves are the same so you can just swap boom and dipper hoses
I will be working on this project tomorrow. It is a linkage machine and the guy wants to go from JD ISO to a CAT SAE pattern. Not being an operator I am not sure what controls need to be swapped around. And have not found this information on line. Any help would be appreciated.
I struggle to remember. SAE, you control swing and bucket with the same controls as ISO. You need to exchange dipper to left hand, boom to right. Changes in hoses: two hoses have to move from present dipper to present boom. The two on present boom have to go to present dipper. A SAE controlled machine has a higher relief setting on port relief for the boom than it does to the dipper It might be that it is piped for priority. Pressure oil is supplied to one side of the valve bank, low pressure leaves the other side. Bucket & dipper get priority in flow, then boom & swing. Valves have feathering grooves in the spools to allow some oil to pass, but flow increases when priority functions end. Newer Case hoes have a switch to choose pattern change.
Cat controls to jd are boom and dipper reversed so swap the hoses cause to my knowledge cat didn't make a linkage kit to do this cause it was not phesible
Valve sections might be different (flow ports & the like). Might be able to restack the valve bank. If it were me, I'd be changing from ISO to SAE. To my mind it is intuitive to control the big stuff (the boom) with my left hand. The fine motor stuff (dipper & bucket) right. In less time than you can convert, this operator can learn SAE.
I agree. The valve sections are different. Whether it is possible to re-jig the arrangement of the various sections within the complete valve asembly I'm not so sure.
cat did make a kit to convert those it is some linkage i did some way back and changing hoses is not the right answer as the valves are different and you can hurt the machine as the secondary pressures are different
I found a couple of installation instructions that might help or at least give you some ideas.
This is the style controls on the machine.
Take a look at the second document I posted above. The conversion is not simple, nor cheap by the look of the parts involved.
I have ordered the parts and will update you on how it turns out. Thanks for all the input.
Thanks for the information on this machine. Just got the last parts for the converting kit last week. Put it together today work out great.