Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416b warning light / gauges

AColeman ยท 2014-11-20 19:43

I have a 93 416b the warning light is on steady and the temp, oil, fuel and trans gauges read nothing. I have gone through the whole machine with filters and fluids. I have tested the gauges and I can get them to read by grounding. Does this mean all my sending units at bad? Thank you

Replies4
  1. #1bill onthehill2014-11-21 06:21

    I would start with the ground cable at the battery. Remove it and clean it down to good bare metal where it goes to the machine. Clean the terminals good also.

  2. #2AColeman2014-11-21 08:50

    Cleaned the terminals. Got new batts in it. Any other thoughts or ideas

  3. #3Nige2014-11-21 09:16

    Is there possibly a ground somewhere from the dash panel to the machine frame..? If you want an Electrical Schematic for your machine then send me a PM with your machine Serial Number and your email address. Also if you can, post a photo showing which warning light is on.

  4. #4AColeman2014-11-21 16:15

    Battery grounds are good and dash ground is good