Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 4500 TLB hard nose

Brad Buchanan ยท 2014-11-20 20:25

Hey folks, I am in the process of rebuilding the engine in my 4500 and have an issue that I thought someone might have some info on. This tractor has the structural oil pan which bolts to the hard nose. One of the tabs on the bottom of the hard nose is broken off. I was thinking of bolting a section of plate steel across to the good side to hold the broken piece fast and heating the whole works up and stick welding it. The problem is the only way I could think of to heat a piece that large was to put a large salamander close on it for a couple of hours. Ideally I would replace it if I could find one. Does anyone know if this nose is common to other models? Thanks in advance, Brad

Replies1
  1. #1shopteacher 12014-12-02 16:59

    What exactly are you calling the hard nose? Do you mean the housing over the hydraulic pump and radiator? If so, WC Littleton, in Laurel, Delaware has a tractor grave yard with a couple sitting there. 302-875-7445.