Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416c 5yn

Bob Emanuel · 2023-11-26 23:11

Trying to figure out on this unit we were digging got ready to move and suddenly no fwd or rev. I'm just wondering where to start I'm assuming with electrical?

Replies11
  1. #1ahart2023-11-27 15:35

    Easy thing to check first is the neutral lock switch.

  2. #2Bob Emanuel2023-11-27 16:06

    I'll do that and see what happens. I do appreciate your help.

  3. #3Bob Emanuel2023-11-28 15:02

    How do I go about getting the rest of that page you sent

  4. #4Bob Emanuel2023-11-28 15:04

    What's the best way to get a service manual for a 416c 5yn0582-6

  5. #5ahart2023-11-28 20:12

    I searched “416C service manual” on EBay and one of the first ones to come up was $276.50 for a hard copy which is a pretty good price IMO. I believe you can also purchase an electronic copy. The hard copy one will pay for itself pretty quick if you’re planning to do much service work yourself.

  6. #6Bob Emanuel2023-11-28 20:40

    Yep that's about what I've found out you can get one downloaded for $40. I've pretty much figured out its not in the electrical part. Now I need to find where to put pressure gauges. I do sincerely appreciate your help.

  7. #7Nige2023-11-28 22:40

    Anecdotal evidence here on the forum suggests that the $40 downloads are not worth the electrons they contain. Most of them are a mish-mash of documents downloaded from Cat’s online system and not true service manuals. If you want to see new prices go to https://www.servicemanualpro.com/ and put in your Serial Number.

  8. #8Bob Emanuel2023-11-28 23:23

    Your right about that I done been down that road $40 probably ain't nothing to most folk I guess I ain't most folk

  9. #9Bob Emanuel2023-11-28 23:26

    Most importantly thank you for your direction.

  10. #10Nige2023-11-29 17:32

    If you want to try searching by Cat Publication reference the Service Manual (which includes an O&M and electrical/hydraulic schematics) is RENR1200. There are three Parts Manuals depending on Serial Number. SEBP2389 for machines up to 5YN15147, SEP2887 for machines 5YN15148-16589, and SENP2992 for machines 5YN16590-Up.

  11. #11Bob Emanuel2023-11-30 14:31

    Thank you sir.