Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 416 B Loader tilt cylinder is stuck in curl

Mechanicsville804 · 2023-11-27 09:10

Hi All, I'm working on a 416B (8SG02202) And whenever the truck is on the loader curls up. The spool is stuck and only able to move one way in the valve body and the pump is dead headed to the tilt cylinder. Is this going to be an issue with my spool or one of the relief valves? Thank you in advance

Replies11
  1. #1Nige2023-11-27 10:53

    It sounds as though there is a piece of something stuck in on of the valve ports that is preventing the spool from moving freely. I see a disassembly in your future....... It is the loader bucket tilt function that you are talking about, correct.? If so, see the attachment.

  2. #2Mechanicsville8042023-11-27 15:40

    Nige, you hit it on the head. I had to beat the spool out and saw that it was damaged do to debris. Thanks for the breakdown. I'm going to try to clean this spool up and see if it will slide in the valve body, if not we will order a new complete valve section.

  3. #3Nige2023-11-27 16:47

    The question you need to ask yourself is where the debris came from and is there any more of it hiding somewhere.?

  4. #4Mechanicsville8042023-11-28 07:09

    Thanks Nige, and I have been over night, the only thing I can think to do is spin the filter off and cut it open and see what kind of debris is in it. Can you recommend any other checks I can do to see if I have a metal debris catastrophe on my hands?

  5. #5Mechanicsville8042023-11-28 07:12

    Also, I just realized which section I posted this thread in, If any admin's would like to move it to the appropriate section I wouldn't mind.

  6. #6Nige2023-11-28 07:54

    Get the metal out and post a photo, preferably with a ruler alongside for scale. Someone may recognise the piece(s).

  7. #7Mechanicsville8042023-11-29 09:00

    Thank you, Lord willing I'll pull the filter and cut it open today.

  8. #8Mechanicsville8042023-11-29 10:26
  9. #9Mechanicsville8042023-11-29 10:27
  10. #10Mechanicsville8042023-11-29 10:28

    Let me know what y’all think.

  11. #11Dave Neubert2023-11-29 11:33

    might want to tear down the tilt cylinders and check them out