Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416c Extend Control Valve Problem

radarcat ยท 2013-03-31 23:09

Sometimes when the pedal is pushed to extend the hoe, the control valve goes into a detent mode and will not stop extending until the hoe is fully extended. When this occurs, the control valve piston seems to become seized and has be played with to break out of this seized mode. This never happens when retracting. If the pedal is only slightly pushed to extend, the problem does not occur. The control linkages seem to be fine. The valve piston works up and down fine if the hoe is not running. Is this supposed to be a detent valve? Does anyone have any ideas? thanks

Replies2
  1. #1DGODGR2013-04-01 00:25

    There is no detent in that valve. I suggest that you have an obstruction in the linkage, or the valve. The linkage will be the first to check do to ease of process. I also suggest that you make sure it's not something as simple as a rock in the floor board. If you don't find the issue in the linkage then it's time to take apart the valve to look for something that would cause the spool to hang up. The top and bottom can be removed while the valve is still in the machine.

  2. #2radarcat2013-04-06 20:51

    Thanks for the info DGODGR Update....... I removed the bottom cap on the valve and examined the spring mechanism. The spring seemed weak so I replaced it. The valve now works great.