Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416C Front wheel seal

Dickjr. ยท 2017-06-08 12:22

I noticed some oil on the tire on my backhoe. Looking closer it looked like the wheel seal was leaking. I thought no big deal ordered seals, watch youtube video seemed straight forward. After about 20 hours its leaking again. When I had it apart I checked all the bearings for fit , nothing seemed loose. I do know these front axles have a considerable load on them with the loader and working loads. I replaced a larger seal , smaller seal , the oring for the hub and got a new snap ring. Almost 300$ worth. Anyone else had these issues and how did you resolve them? Its a 416C s/n 5YN6433.

Replies3
  1. #1Mark2502017-06-08 15:00

    hi ,did you check the axle breather they usually look like a zerk fitting unless some one has changed it mark

  2. #2Dickjr.2017-06-08 19:58

    Mark250 , no sir I did not. Is it possible that the oil is heating and pushing out after pressure builds. A simple fix would be welcomed now for sure.

  3. #3domsue2023-05-23 15:02

    just curious--did you ever find the reason/solution? i seem to have the same on my Terex 760B backhoe. thanks