Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416c using NH buckets

radarcat ยท 2013-02-17 18:25

I just purchased a 416c, and I have several New Holland rear buckets in which I would like to use on the 416c. Does anyone know of an adapter in which I can purchase that would allow me to use the NH buckets? thanks

Replies2
  1. #1DGODGR2013-02-17 19:01

    I think you are going to have to make one if you want an adaptor. The NH buckets, or at least the older ones, have the same size pin for both holes. The Cats are not like that on the TLBs (the back whole is smaller). I now that Deere used to offer a coupler that would work with many different brands of buckets (built for competitors machines). This would allow the end user to retain the buckets that they already may have owned, and use them on a Deere TLB, without having to spend money on new buckets. I'm not sure if they still offer that but I sure like the concept. Don't forget that, whatever adaptor you make, or buy, you will probably loose leverage and possibly curl radius.

  2. #2radarcat2013-02-17 20:19

    Thanks for the info DGODGR. The NH does use two 2" pins. I have seen the Deere adapter and was hoping for something similar for Cat.