Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

420ct series 3 injectors

Rogerdoger · 2021-12-23 16:28

Anyone have any advice on pulling the injectors on a 420ct series loader? I have tried everything I can think of but I just can’t get them to budge!

Replies10
  1. #1Rogerdoger2021-12-26 08:53

    I have tried using slide hammer while the engine is warm with no luck, I have been soaking the injectors for a few days but they still won’t budge.

  2. #2Rogerdoger2021-12-26 12:01

    Never mind took a bigger side hammer

  3. #3James Sorochan2021-12-26 12:05

    Let us know what shape they are in. How many hours on them? Pictures if possible.

  4. #4Rogerdoger2021-12-26 13:01

    1500hrs, getting them tested tomorrow. I think I have a could injector, loss of power under heavy load.

  5. #5Rogerdoger2021-12-27 19:01

    Injectors we’re fine

  6. #6James Sorochan2021-12-27 19:11

    What else have you checked? How long has it been lagging under load? I'm guessing you have changed both fuel filters?

  7. #7Rogerdoger2021-12-27 20:07

    Changed fuel filters, tested injectors, air filter, and inspected turbo. Tomorrow I plan to plumb in a fuel pressure gauge and see what happens. I have only had the loader for a few months and it’s had this problem since I bought it.

  8. #8Rogerdoger2022-01-20 13:07

    Injection pump had to be re-built

  9. #9Rogerdoger2022-01-20 18:36

    It ended up being the injection pump

  10. #10Rogerdoger2022-02-13 16:19

    And 10hrs latter the turbo failed