I’m working on a 420D (FDP15078) for a customer that has rental equipment. When it came in someone had run a jumper from seat safety switch to the shut off. They said that signs of squirrels had been spotted on some things around the time the issues began. I looked a little for obvious damage but decided to try to get a wiring diagram before I really dig into it to avoid as much down time as possible. Any help would greatly appreciated.
Here
Holy ****.. good luck w/ "THAT".. Lol
Welcome to HEF, Frank, I got a headache just looking at that schematic. If a squirrel chewed on the wires it shouldn't take long to find the damage. But, but it could be as simple as the ign. switch or a relay.
Thanks for the diagram. I looked a little more this morning and I do believe this is gonna be as much fun as I thought. And I’m glad that someone else thought that was hard to read, I thought that I was gettin old for a second.
Those schematics are not near as bad to figure out when you have the full size paper version but on the computer they suck to follow around.
They're pdf. Use component locator list to find fuel solenoid quadrant on schematic. Once you see wire number at fuel solenoid, pdf search that number. When you see that circuit change numbers, pdf search that number.
Much better.