Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

420e bucket dropping

Garthq514 ยท 2017-06-05 22:10

Hello I have a 09 420e with around 2600 hours here lately the bucket will just drop with a load on it sometime will do it empty and also has done it a time before on the curl side should I be looking at the joystick controls or where should I start thanks in advance

Replies7
  1. #1mikebramel2017-06-05 22:59

    Drops as you are moving the controls maybe bad load check? Drops as you come off the controls like a sticking spool? Drops as you are not doing anything to the controls like bad port relief, cylinder piston, load shuttle?

  2. #2Garthq5142017-06-05 23:08

    Like they pick up a manhole housing and it will just drop I have already turned auto ride off thinking that could be issue but just does it sometimes it's gone probably a week and then it does it just once or twice

  3. #3mikebramel2017-06-05 23:18

    Try cleaning and polishing the port relief

  4. #4Garthq5142017-06-05 23:20

    And where would I find that out or what will it look like sorry been in the automotive field and semi trucks and trailers never done a lot of heavy equipment or hydraulic work before

  5. #5mikebramel2017-06-05 23:26

    First thing you will want to do is depressurize the hydraulic tank and depressurize the boom circuits. Then you will probably find the port relief cartridge next to the hose for the base of boom cylinders

  6. #6Mark2502017-06-06 00:25

    are we talking hoe or front lift frame serial number please

  7. #7Garthq5142017-06-06 06:53

    PHC00453 It's the front loader frame of the back hoe