Where to buy a 426 series 11 backhoe repair manual for the transmission that shows good details of the transmission? 7BC series.
See if the links in here https://spare.avspart.com/caterpillar/sebp1569/ctl00002201/ aren't helpful enough. The first grouping is parts list. Go to second grouping "information" and follow down to transmission. Click on "transmission" and there will be links to disassembly and removal, etc.
This might be of some assistance.
Thanks Nige, Transmission repair manual is exactly what I needed! Took the back cover off and the reverse nut on the shaft had loosened up quite a bit; (the lock washer on the nut was broken in half) so the gear wasn't engaging the other gears. That's probably why I didn't have forward or reverse. Took out the clutch plates and they look to be in good shape -or do you think I should replace them anyway? Do you know who makes a reliable torque converter and pump? I know I have a lot of questions, but first time I tore into a transmission.
Do you want to have to go into it again.? FWIW I would put new friction discs in it but re-use the plain separator plates provided they met the guidelines for being 100% dead flat and correct thickness. See attachment.
Thank you heymccall too! greatly appreciated also.