looking at purchasing one are they any good
What are you going to pull it with . are you looking at a cable or hyd conversion. good heavy scrapers something lighter newer might be a better choice
Agreed with going bigger and newer.
There is a guy around here that used to do all the farmer's drainage work that I now do. His rig was a D7G and 435 cable scoop. It was a Cadillac, back in the seventies. Everyone here that will have valuable input is going to need more information. What are you pulling it with? Cable or hydraulic conversion? Are you going to use it for personal work or go out and make a living? Edit: Another thing that might be an issue. A 435 is only about 9' wide. If you're running a steel track in front, it's a non-issue. If your pulling it with rubber tracks, definitely an issue.
I have a 150 hp fwa john Deere and a 450 hp john Deere. My neighbour said I want bigger than a 8 or 10 yrd so I was looking at a 435 hyd conversion. I thought they would stand up better and have better resale Than a Ag scraper
Might be a little light behind the 9520, but should have no trouble filling it. Hopefully whoever did the conversion used good cylinders. That pan should definitely outlive an Ashland 15 or 18 yd dolly, a direct mount like a I-150 or I-180 is built better. A direct mount 1810E Deere, if properly maintained, would last as long as you need it to.
I think Shimmy is on target the Ashland direct mounts are well built load easy ts 155 9ft cut still small enough for large mfwd I would rather have scraper that tractor handles easy
I had thought about getting a buggie but there is to much to go wrong and I though I would try this route first
lol I read that wrong. I was told you need to get a special hitch on the tractor that's expensive for a Good one and it was hard enough to find a decent pull scraper I haven't seen many hitch scrapers for sale
We're not talking about dump type scrapers. We're going talking ejector pans, just like the 435.