Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auto steer on Scrapers

Jack-shannon ยท 2015-12-04 15:40

Hey everyone I want to put auto steer GPS on my 623g scraper, has anyone done this? Any idea how to do it

Replies7
  1. #1lantraxco2015-12-05 14:22

    Nope, but if you write me a big enough deposit check, I will learn!

  2. #2Shimmy12015-12-05 15:07

    Why?

  3. #3Shimmy12015-12-05 15:27

    For a scraper, something like this might work? http://www.trimble.com/Agriculture/ez-steer.aspx

  4. #4Jack-shannon2015-12-05 22:38

    Haha I might not have a big enough checkbook, shimmy1 to keep the scraper straight ha why else same as why someone would put it on a tractor. But thanks I'll check it out

  5. #5Shimmy12015-12-06 00:36

    If you want autosteer, ez-steer is as cheap as it gets. You can also save a bunch by just using WAAS, and not buying a RTK unlock.

  6. #6DPete2015-12-06 18:05

    You mean a 623 won't go straight if you just let go of the wheel?

  7. #7deerert2952015-12-06 19:14

    jack you might look at the Topcon indicate only system I33 not cheap but it will do a lot more than auto steer on a scraper. I just put one on a 615c. control box is a step down from a gx60 but still gives operator valuable vertical grade info and horizontal alignment