I have a 440 jd skidder and it is power shift and it will not go in reverse.Have had problems for 5 years one time you put it in reverse and it won,t go the next time you put it in it will back over a log pile.anyone have this problem or know what may cause it
I had the same problem with a 540a with power shift, dont know what caused it, i tried changing fluids and filter, still had same problem so i had the deere service truck come out and after a few hours of him reading a book finally adjusted the pressures, i used it for two months after that with no problems and sold to a farmer as far as i know its still working that was 10 years ago, was a good skidder. Oh and the reason i called them was to check the pressure
thanks for the info i,m in n.b. where you located
slap the shifter side to side than put it in gear
Dear I have problem with my john deere when I shift it between speeds I have like neutral it need about 10 second to shift speed, please help me.
What do the lights on the shift controller do when you shift? also do you have a display on the dash?
Dear I solved it low oil level in transmission was a problem. Thanks for your reply.