Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diamond Z grinding trim ends

quantum500 ยท 2012-02-16 22:18

[video=youtube;QLTgrWfhtkU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLTgrWfhtkU[/video]

Replies5
  1. #1quantum5002012-02-26 00:44

    Is the forestry section that shy. Tell me good bad ugly. Tell me about that sqeaky roller on the stacking conveyer. If you're looking I know that keyboard and mouse work. I may have a new video tomorrow if I can remember the camera. I love a good Sunday grind. The fastest wood chip to playground material grind I know of. Stay tuned.

  2. #2hvy 1ton2012-02-26 19:41

    Being a know-nothing about grinding, i can't add anything too useful. That said i do recognize the finished product from years ago.

  3. #3quantum5002012-02-29 01:15

    As promised [video=youtube;ihelLm_asPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihelLm_asPA[/video]

  4. #4TCS2012-02-29 07:09

    It sure can push that regrind out,but most can. After having owned and maintained several grinders I still prefer a horizontal feed for that last minute opportunity to prevent a multi thousand dollar bad day grinding hastily gathered muni-waste.

  5. #5quantum5002012-02-29 22:48

    To my knowledge this is the fastest grinder in the world in this material for the horsepower. That's not the most impressive part in my mind. We have figured out how to keep shrinkage to a minimum. In fact in most instances we actually expand the material. In my experience I have never seen or heard of such a thing. As far as damage control we have modified this grinder to the hilt in more ways than just efficiency. Past experience includes hitting a 3"x12"x19" log press out of a de-barker. We feared the worst and even went so far as to mic the mill. Everything checked. Lost 2 or 3 tips and the down time to inspect and repair. I'm available to consult how to best utilize your grinder to maximum potential. Let me warn you I'm not cheap and neither are the parts