Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

442 excavator thumb inoperative

Wes Jackson ยท 2019-01-12 14:02

I have an 08 442 Bobcat excavator, we used it about a month ago with no issues, started it up today and everything works as it should except the hydraulic thumb, it will not do anything, can someone point me in the direction I need to go to find the problem.

Replies5
  1. #1Bls repair2019-01-12 14:10

    Electric control or hydraulic control

  2. #2Wes Jackson2019-01-12 14:29

    It has buttons on right joy stick

  3. #3Bls repair2019-01-12 15:05

    It has electric control . Check power to and from switch,power to control solenoid,check to make sure solenoid is working

  4. #4Wes Jackson2019-01-12 16:04

    Thanks.

  5. #5Wes Jackson2019-01-20 08:12

    I found the problem, the relay had a little corrosion on on of the pins, it was the bottom relay located in the fuse panel under the right joy stick.