Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat error mode reset?

sadegs · 2019-01-13 09:22

Does anyone know how to reset a catepillar without a computer? I read online there is a pedal sequence to follow but it didn't work for me. The machine won't start, it just gives errors on the dash, the starter engages for a half second, then stops.

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2019-01-13 11:32

    It would help greatly if we knew what machine model you were talking about, end even better if you gave a Serial Number to work with ...............

  2. #2sadegs2019-01-13 20:35

    Th417c.. I know it's a telehandler, which is a different section, but I got no responses there. I'm guessing all catepillar machines have a similar computer and engine. Has anyone heard of this crippled mode where it won't start?

  3. #3Nige2019-01-13 21:59

    From your original post in the TH section you mentioned a 5826 Code. As far as I can see that relates to exhaust after-treatment. Does your TH have a Tier 4 engine in it..? If you don’t know then just give the Serial Number. I can figure it out from there. Where did you find the info that the 5826-15 Code was for fuel rail pressure..? Also take a photo of the dash panel showing what indicator lights are lit when the key is in the ON position and post it here.

  4. #4sadegs2019-01-14 08:42

    Model: Cat TH417c Serial: JS3444 engine serial: c13 01182

  5. #5sadegs2019-01-14 08:45

    I got that info (Fuel Rail Pressure) from a google search - not very reliable I know. It was giving a similar error code a month ago. Catepillar came out, said nothing was wrong, charge me $$$ and now it has happened again.

  6. #6Nige2019-01-14 10:28

    The Serial Number doesn't come up on the system. Can you snap a photo of the S/N plate please. I think I may have found a Service Manual with all the Diagnostic Codes in it, but 5826 does not appear. Any chance of getting the Code up again and snapping a photo of it..? From your photo of the panel, it appears as though you have major issues. At this minute it's looking awfully like a dealer job.

  7. #7sadegs2019-01-14 10:30

    I will when I go over to the site shortly. I forgot to mention it is a grey market machine. There is a cross reference book the dealer uses. thanks!