Hi, I am working on a 1974 model 450 BC dozer with a blade. I am looking for the torque #'s for the connecting rod bearings and for the crank bearings. Also, do the head bolts need sealant on them to prevent water leakage? thanks very much for any assistance. Lugnutt
Hi Lugnut, Is that a JD 450? if so I am sure I have a manual buried in the store. Gary
Yes, it is a JD 450 B. thanks very much for any assistance.
O.K. Lugntt, I,ll try to find my manual over the week end but it may not be until Monday. The JD450 used the same base engine right through the series and it is the same engine used in many if the other small 4 cyl machines of the era. It is the JD300 series engine which was made in 3,4 and 6 cyl versions and a variety of displacements. I think from memory that the main and con rod tensions were the same for all, if you have specifications for any of those they will be close if you are in a hurry. Gary