Does any body have photos of a Dresser TD40 Dozer in Bell Bros Pty Ltd livery, or more to the point, does anybody know if Bell Bros did in fact have this dozer in their fleet? any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Peter
footloose1952; No photo's left Mate to many divorces,Drove HD31 With single tyne Kelly ripper at Eneabba also 651's and a 988 at same place About 1976 good company, Thanks Leroy
Thanks for response Aussie Leroy, I worked with them at the Alcoa Site Pinjarra around 1969 - 71.. I collect 1:50 scale models and have started doing the Bells livery. So far I have done the 657, D9, RB-22 Rope Shovel, and I correctly have 3 x being painted, the 988 loader, 834 wheel dozer and a 769 Dump truck
Cool scale model! Where did you buy the parts of it?
"glenlunberg" I purchased this model a D9H made by CCM, from a US Dealer, then had it painted into the Bell Bros livery & colour by a well known and very talented Model Painter in the UK, thank you for your comment, Peter
Peter, I went to an auction in Perth in the early 90s.There were 2 TD40s going cheap there,but they were normal colours. Nice D9H ,nice colours. I like the look of the D8 & 9 H machines. Jim
footloose-52 hi were you at pinjara when bells had the IH500 dozer the remember tyre fitter over inflating tyre and blowing itwork for bell that texada salt, goldworthy,&woodywoody,ripponhills and on the peakdowns hwy job in qld we had the dd9 at peak downs with d16 painted on
Hello Oldtom, yeah, I was there when it when it went boom, didn't see it or hear it, but was working at the time. They kept it pretty quiet, I suspect Bells didn't want any bad publicity as they made the Michelin Tyres. The machine was the IH Hough D500 700HP Regards Peter
well went from taxada to newman train line and they head it up there worked with pete the wog ,possom scruffy ,tyre fitter from sweeden cant rememder his name,at bell when dave gillam sac all the truck drivers
Dad worked for Bells most of his working life and earthmoving machines have always been a passion for me. We lived in Port Hedland and Karratha and my brother and I saw some of the worlds biggest machines coming and going through the ports in the 70's. Dart dumpers, Marion shovels, DRMCO 100T BIG MUDDER. Bells had HD41s but I don't remember a TD40. I can no longer remember where it was, (somewhere in the Pilbara), but dad took me to see a Hough D500 working, it was a big deal at the time. Hey Footloose who did the D9 for you?
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone here can help me. I am looking for an Alan that was a greaser for Bell Brothers he had a mate named Peter. My name is Kim and I am looking for my father that disappeared from Culbarra Beach in NSW on the 17th of February 1968. I am Alan Roberts Daughter and want nothing more that to meet my father and re-connect. I remember my parents marriage was not good, I understand why he had to leave. It is my belief that he sacrificed everything to protect the ones he loved. He loved me I know that and despite everything I believe he loved my mother. I believe he found it better to do a Harry Halt and be believed dead as it was socially more acceptable for the children and wives that were left behind to be concidered orphans and widows than divorcees. If you have any information that might lead me to my father I would be ever grateful.
Peter, I am keen to buy a 1:50 scale model in Bells livery for my Dad who worked for them for many years. Are you able to provide the details of the painter you used? Regards Jeff
Paint Job I used to paint them as an apprentice at Wigmores . The issue was all the masking that had to be done to stop over spray . The scrapers where the worst as they did not fit fully into the paint booth . so mask , paint , turn around , mask , paint and turn around again and not get overspray . Then there was the Bellway sky blue and chocolate . No easier .