Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450 John Deere

Anthonyleuci · 2020-02-15 20:01

What’s the real difference between a 450 B and a 450 C John Deere track loader and the good and bad

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612020-02-16 04:40

    The difference is a "B" has dry steering clutches (all mechanical linkage) and the "C" has wet steering clutches (immersed in oil and hydraulically operated). The rest of the machine is basically the same. All things being equal I would opt for wet steering clutches.

  2. #2redneckracin2020-02-16 08:00

    I've never seen a side shift backhoe on a track loader before. Is that a special order or a custom job? OP, you can do a search for non-current john dwere construction to get an idea of some of the physical differences.

  3. #3Anthonyleuci2020-02-16 08:57

    Ok thanks for the info from what I no it was a Township or county owned machine and here’s a serial number for the Backhoe

  4. #4SVTSHELBYGT5002020-02-16 14:15

    I believe jd450c also as 2 extra bolts on front cross bar to track frame per side .

  5. #5Welder Dave2020-02-17 01:52

    Side shift backhoes weren't as common but Cat also offered a side shift hoe for the D3/931 as well as center pivot.