Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450c

fozman69 ยท 2012-05-23 12:48

80's loader ran fine yesterday today it will not start. When I push the starter button noting happends, not even a click. I do not have a wiring diagram or any idea what to do. I have checked the battery.

Replies5
  1. #1chroniekon2012-05-23 15:10

    Any chance you knocked a wire loose in the area around the starter while running yesterday?

  2. #2franklinute2012-05-25 07:32

    That's really strange because my machine did that a couple of days ago. Been running fine, shut it down went to start - nothing. Battery good, power going to starter good. I pulled the instrument panel and no power to key switch. Then I remembered this happened 6 months ago. I started my 450C by crossing terminals on starter. Started fine, shut down and then started with button. Since these have no fuses I think there is some type of relay on the start function or I have a faulty solenoid. But starter was rebuilt and solenoid was replaced about a year ago. I would like to see a wiring diagram also to see if I am missing something. I just got my 450 out of our shop oil service, clean radiator, wash engine and belly pan we did find a mouse nest behind the instrument panel so I could have a partially chewed thru wire.

  3. #3Greg2012-05-28 17:27

    Check the starter safety lock out switch tied into to shifter. Must be in neutral for it to start. Sometimes they act up.

  4. #4sheepfoot2012-05-28 18:16

    Is it a case or deere ?

  5. #5sheepfoot2012-05-28 20:09

    Forget my last post, case had a 455C loader and the 450c dozer.