Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best T0-4 @ Best Price

wosama931b ยท 2012-05-23 20:45

What are you paying for oil, Does anyone like a brand or Manfg. co. , I found some at the zone for 40.00 for 5 gal. Called Costal Multrack, Does anyone use it, or recomend other places that are not to expensive. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1blitz1382012-05-23 22:20

    Coastal is made by Warren Unilube.......... its cheap in more ways then one. How much is it going to cost you to buy a quality oil vs. fixing your loader because you used a cheap oil?

  2. #2wosama931b2012-05-24 09:56

    Hi blitz138, I want good oil at an afforable price, 90 to 95.00 for 5 gal. seems high to me, It i can find the oil for half that price that is good, I'am not a rich guy and need to save where ever i can. There has been a lot of talk about Hyd. fluid prices but not so much on TO 4, I'll keep looking for now.

  3. #3MikeVincoli2012-06-05 21:12

    I just bought some for a service on my 955L. I bought some Chevron drivetrain 30 (TO-4 Spec) for around $65.00 for a 5 Gal. pale. I got it from my local oil supplier here in Roxboro, NC. I would stay away from the cheaper brands like Warren, Coastal, and Tech 2000 (Walmart brands). On the other hand, you won't catch me buying oil from the dealer. The way I look at dealer oil vs. name brand oil (Chevron, texaco, shell, valvoline, ect.) is like compairing Green Giant green beans and store brand green beans; they taste the same!!! As long as the oil is a name brand and meets the spec.; I am good with it. My dad use to tell me the samething about cutting cost on oils and filters; pay me now, or pay me later!!!

  4. #4wosama931b2012-06-06 13:33

    Thanks Mike, I'am still not ready to purchase the oil yet, i have a little more work to do before i purchase the oil, I will look for a brand name oil down here, 65.00 not to bad a price. Thanks, Sam.

  5. #5wosama931b2012-08-19 15:03

    I purchased some oil from NAPA auto parts store, 15 gal., It does say TO-4 and 30w, not to bad a price, 85.00 a bucket plus tax, and close to job.

  6. #6wosama931b2012-09-22 14:05

    Hello HEF, well i found the local Cat dealer TO-4 oil was about the same price as other places, i had though it would be a lot more. I wanted Cat oil to change the transmission. 5 gal. bucket, 96.27 and the gal. was 19.65, not including tax. Not to bad a price these days, sam.