Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450c question

altonlee ยท 2019-06-10 08:37

I have an older 450c don't use it much, just a toy. But my question I tried to use it yesterday and was trying to push a hole to bury some brush. When I got the hole deep enough I had trouble getting the 450 to climb out of the hole the right track to pull. The left one seemed to work fine but when I would get almost out of the hole the right track would stop like I had pulled the brake. On level ground it seemed to roll fine but when put in a hard pull it would stop. Any one have any suggestions on what is starting to happen? And what can I do to fix it. Thanks in advance

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2019-06-10 21:08

    Welcome to HEF @altonlee Are we talking Case or JD?

  2. #2altonlee2019-06-10 21:13

    sorry, john deere

  3. #3altonlee2019-06-10 21:14

    It is hard to find anything on the 450c jd on the net. Do you know of any downloads or manuals for this crawler?

  4. #4alrman2019-06-10 21:22

    Ebay sellers list them for reasonable money - https://www.ebay.com/itm/SERVICE-MA...959558?hash=item5b4002f506:g:RdsAAOSwX6dblu37

  5. #5mg23612019-06-11 04:59

    First thing I would do is go through the steering/brake adjustments. Maybe tool_king can help you with a complete manual?