Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450c rear attachment mount

skyryder55 ยท 2024-10-05 11:32

Good morning all. I've got an 1983 john deere 450C. I've potentially located a 9300 backhoe to put on the back of this rig, but I need the mounts. Looking for sources to aquire a set of mounts. Or, I'm willing to build a set of mounts if a detailed set of drawings are floating around as well. I'm located in winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Replies8
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-10-06 01:58

    A ripper uses the same mounts. You'd have to check if the same mounts were used for 350, 450 and 555 models. I think they are the same which would give you more options for a used set of mounts. The JD dealer here (Brandt) had some used machines years ago and was also a member of a used equipment dealers association. I'd start at the JD dealer. You could also look on Machinery Trader under dismantled machines. Make sure the backhoe is for open center hyd's. Some of the JD backhoes could be closed center depending on what machine they were put on. You also need a power beyond adaptor. I'm thinking a manual for the hoe might show the dimensions for the mounts if you wanted to build your own. I'd try to find used first. One other thing is the top of the ROPS for a backhoe flips out of the way for backhoe use.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-10-06 03:05

    Found a used one at a place called Hunt tractor for $540.00us. I just Googled used John Deere 450 ripper mount.

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-10-06 10:23

    Like @Welder Dave said,the mounts for a ripper and a b/ hoe are the same. Screenshot below indcates all the machines that use that mount. .

  4. #4skyryder552024-10-10 15:14

    I ended up buying a set out of the Toronto area. Cost me $950 taxes in. The backhoe is coming from Nova Scotia and they are picking it up on the way out. Now I just need to sort of the hydraulics once everything arrives

  5. #5skyryder552024-10-10 15:18

    Does anybody know the size of the dowel pins indicated by item #2? Are they actually needed?

  6. #6Diesel Dave2024-10-10 16:38

    Dowel pin (item #2) is part # U17130 . @mg2361 may be able to get the dowel dimensions from Parts Advisor . Dowels are acting as a locates in the loader frame and to protect bolts (item #1) from carrying any horizontal shear load. . https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/17467/referrer/navigation/pgId/1939381

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-10-10 17:30

    You will need a power beyond adaptor for the loader control valve to run the hoe hydraulics. It is very important the hyd. hoses for the hoe are always connected either to the hoe control valve or each other when the hoe is detached. Otherwise you will dead head the hyd. pump. Even when taking the hoe off, you have to drive away from the mounts and shut the machine off to disconnect the hoses. Then the hoses have to be coupled together before you start the machine back up. It's a good idea to block the hoe up when it's disconnected so it can't creep to the ground and make the hoses too short to connect. It's a real pain if that happens. You'd have to lift the hoe up with the front loader and block it. I welded hooks on the stabilizer pads so I can hook a chain between them to prevent them from creeping.

  8. #8skyryder552024-10-10 17:47

    Thanks for the replies guys.