Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450G blade self aligning bearing

WoodBoy ยท 2015-01-16 20:10

Hello guys, I am have a JD 450G dozer and I am having problems with my blade dropping down where it attaches to the C-frame. I wanted to order all new parts (main pin, self-aligning bearing, spacer, etc.). The local john deere wants 350 for the self-aligning bearing and 200 for the main pin. I found brokentractor has the self aligning bearing for 190 and the main pin for 95 or so. I am sure brokentractor is using aftermarket parts and I am wondering if this is of great concern ? Also, any advice on changing the main pin and bearing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1Outasite2015-01-17 08:41

    On a farm /hobby machine aftermarket is fine.If your bringin home the bacon with it,bite the bullet.

  2. #2WoodBoy2015-01-17 11:10

    Have any of you dealt with brokentractor.com or have any other recommendations?

  3. #3Outasite2015-01-17 14:07

    Have not dealt with them,I think that imports from some countries, you just stay away from.Not sure right now who is building the decent stuff.I think in track parts, Italy is a good source.--Dunno:beatsme

  4. #4bvfdfire2015-05-14 20:08

    broken tractor seems to a great bunch of folks to deal with. Friend of mine is buying parts for his 450 g and has nothing but praise for them. In fact he is doing the trunnion upgrade from them, should permanently solve your wear issues on the blade, it is a bit pricey at 800 bucks though.

  5. #5RayF2015-05-15 22:35

    Measure the OD,ID and width of the bearing and get a price from a bearing supplier. I usually find thats the cheapest.

  6. #6moriboy2017-02-15 09:47

    I know this is an older thread. I have dealt with broken tractor and they are great. I also replaced all of the pins and bushings on my dozer with OEM JD. The OEM bushings are made in China, not sure about the pins. Getting the bushings out of the main blade pivot that attaches to the C frame was the hardest part of the whole job. I welded the ID of the bushings to help shrink the OD and they came out with an air hammer.

  7. #7mikebramel2017-02-17 11:29

    They're probably bearings of similar if not the same quality. John really likes to price things at the limit of practicality