Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450g transmission issue

tylerdix09 · 2025-04-19 15:21

Hey guys.. Had some discoloration of my transmission fluid is my 450g direct drive. So I decided to drain and replace fluid and filter. Also cleaned the suction screen.. which had black plastic pieces on it. I primed the pump and everything was working fine. After running it I have lost just about all power in reverse gears but forward work fine. Any ideas? Also have bubbles on the dipstick for transmission

Replies7
  1. #11466IH2025-04-19 15:38

    Have you ever had the transmission get hot on you? Cooked O-rings can resemble black plastic. Do you have service manual for machine? I am not familiar with that transmission but I am sure there is a procedure for checking clutch pack pressures.

  2. #2Steve Austin2025-04-21 13:33

    Check your shift linkage for the directional spool especially the bell crank assembly for loose play. The spool may not be going into full reverse detent.

  3. #3Simon C2025-04-21 13:45

    Good to check linkages first as have seen some pins fall out before, or too much play in linkage. Check simple first then pull out the gauges as 1466IH said. Simon C

  4. #4tylerdix092025-04-22 19:55

    This is what my suction screen looked like

  5. #5Simon C2025-04-22 21:25

    Was that when you cleaned it the first time, or is that since the reverse stopped working. Sure was dirty. Simon C

  6. #6tylerdix092025-04-23 06:06

    First time

  7. #7HarleyHappy2025-04-23 06:27

    Might be a reason why it’s not moving. Thats pretty bad.