I'm buying a 450h lt, and need to add a 4000s winch w/ fairlead, heavy belly pan, and side screens. Anyone here know of any of these used parts? Thank you, Russ
This would be a John Deere 450h. I logged with an AC HD6 for twenty plus years. I'm looking forward to the joystick instead of steering clutches and brakes. It seems like there are a lot of late model construction dozers for sale, but few set up for logging.
Welcome to the Forums net fun!:drinkup There is a company in Birmingham that makes factory guarding for Deere. Shipping would be expensive but a place to start. http://www.grtractors.com/ProductPages/CrawlerDozerPages/450H, 550H, 650H Price Page.htm
Thank you CM. I found a used 4000s and arch. I will have JD dealer beef up my belly pan. Then install winch/arch. I'm still looking for used for some used side screens. I'll post some pix when I gather it all up. Now to sell my 350CE (bad motor and bad left steering clutch).
You can make my own side screens or find a local fabricator, probably the cheapest route. Post some pics when you get them, we'd like to see the finished product.
The belly pans have all been upgraded. I received my used 4000s winch, hydraulic pump, and new arch. We had it lined all up and realized the used linkage bracket fit a 550 dozer.:Banghead Got the right bracket coming and hope to have it mounted next weekend. Looking for parts to build side screens.
Good to see progress despite the frustration.:thumbsup
Made some progress this weekend. The winch is bolted on, the free spool is adjusted, and the arch is on minus the mounting brackets (coming soon). Can't wait to have this cat back home and yard some logs.
Well we finished mounting the arch and made some side screens. Just got her home. Ready to rock 'n roll!
Nice work! I hope she serves you well. You know the rules, we'll need a few action photos.
Looks good. Very tasty. The screens came out well.
I need something like this and would appreciate some pics of it in action. Especially your chocker set up.
Here is my cat in action. First I pull a tree up to the flat: then after limbing and bucking, I pull the drum line with slidders (skidder chokers) and hook each log: I winch in the turn: and pull the turn to the landing: Pull some slack and unhook the chokers. I use 8 foot 9/16ths chokers so that when I spool in the empty chokers, the ends just clear the ground, and I won't walk over them when I back up(break them). Here is a vender for the skidder chokers: http://www.westechrigging.com/wire-rope-logging-chokers-choker-hooks.html
The 450 looks like it's earning it's keep and all your hard work has paid off. Are you commercially logging or clearing for something else?
I'm logging on my own ground right now. This summer I may be subbing a commercial job...
Bidding a job that has several large trees slated to come down, one is a popular 4' in diameter. Wanna bring your saw and 450 to take care of it?
No problem This is the second harvest on this unit for me. A quick 40 year rotation of doug fir.
Where did you get your log arch?
Coblentz Equipment in Holmesville Ohio had it fabbed for me. They came up with the used 4000s winch as well as the pump. I can't be more pleased with this outfit.
I've got a 450J with a winch and would like to have an arch. I've been looking at weldco beales but am interested in other options.