Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

453 bobcat

shanley ยท 2016-09-16 21:10

I have a 453 bobcat with a hydro leak. it would leak even with the machine off. I got the engine and the hydro pump removed. it looks like it is leaking at the bottom of the control valve. someone told me it was the valve spools. what is the best way to fix this. if i take the whole valve assembly off and send it to be reman. how much would that cost. please any insite would be help full. the machine ran good all the valve worked fine oil would just leak out like 1gal or so a night.

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882016-09-17 15:13

    spool seals may be leaking, Willie59 has a thread on replacing spool seals component location is different , but the replacement procedure is basically the same :drinkup :drinkup

  2. #2huckleberry2016-09-28 20:58

    if it is the same as a 463, which I think it is. I ended up removing the engine & pumps to gain access to the rear of valve. I first tried to lift pumps up but couldn't get them up high enough to remove the spools. it's quite the job. when I had it out I replaced the old drive belt & alt belt.