Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

455c case track loader

Adamtlewis ยท 2022-10-21 18:44

I was going down gravel road and was using the break pedal left and right to put trans in neutral to stay in road not using break. When I went back to the left pedal it only went a quarter of way and locked up. Now pedal only goes quarter way and breaks. I had to keep going back and forth before it freed up i replaced slay cyclinder. It also has optional break valve. It doesn't work. Don't know why pedal wouldn't go down for trans to go in neutral. Need help. Thankyou

Replies2
  1. #1alrman2022-10-22 19:33

    Welcome to HEF @Adamtlewis Are you driving with your foot on the brake pedals? If you let the machine sit for a while, does the pedal go back to 'normal' feel? If you want to correct you direction - leave the brakes alone - use the steering levers, that's what they are for!

  2. #2Adamtlewis2022-10-23 21:41

    No it dont ever rest my feet on peddles. It doesnt matter how long it sets. It moves about 2 inches and slay cylinder starts coming up on right break, other side about to inches from floor before slay cyclinder for break starts coming up. Its like you are putting break on a car the travel is not there on the right side. Slay cyclinder first no trans neutral. The right side goes almost to floor before break start to ingage which works fine. I don't use break. I was using the trans neutral to move to right or left. About a week after that happened it went dead i was rolling down hill backwards no choice. Then it didn't want to free up again. Kept going backwards and forward until freeing up. I ordered a new emergency cable will be there tomorrow. Just thought it would be nice to have it fixed the way it is supposed to operate. So far I have rebuilt 5 hydraulic cyclinders and replaced 6 hydraulic lines and a key switch. Then this happens. Thanks