Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

455G Cylinder Reseal

telwood ยท 2015-04-07 21:05

I have a 455G loader and the bottom 2 loader lift cylinders are leaking. Is this something a fairly green equipment owner can handle repacking or should I remove the cylinders and have them repacked at the shop?

Replies2
  1. #1Nitelite2015-04-07 22:09

    Depends upon your mechanical knowledge, your spunk, and what you have in your tool kit. Assuming your afore mentioned ducks are in a row you can DIY those cylinders for less than 25 bucks each.The sky is the limit to hire them done. Get a few cost estimates and compare with DIY. To see what is involved in the process of repacking a hydraulic cylinder and where to shop parts see my thread on this track loader forum, "Cat 951-C in my sights". Turn your hat around and get er done if you think that you are up to task.

  2. #2telwood2015-04-08 10:09

    Thanks...will review the process and tools needed to see where I stand.