Hi all, Data for lift: 48 volt JLG 3369, Ser Num: 0200040894 Model:3369 UPC code:709264021320 maybe 1997year according to some text in parts' labels DC Motor controller: AU1830 (N) Part Num:631/42030 Ser Num:12976153 Text on it: ENGLISH-1701760 What is the purpose of "S" terminal? Connected or disconnected terminal - the state is the same. The state: Driving wheels are lifted in air! On the ground it drive the same manner. The wheels turn slowly in each direction with tacho, without tacho accelerate again slowly but up to triggering the error check for tacho, the PWM on "A" terminal is OK and is properly changed without tacho up to error appear. All contactors work well, all wirings also (drive acceleration, pump acceleration, high and low switches, tilt sensors are OK, directions, tacho output- all checked up to 17 pins controller connector, accumulators also in good state. No shortcuts or broken wires to motors and windings. I have not a service manual / wiring diagram that even slightly fits this machine exactly ( use several manuals for different machines). Now I'm to the point to open the controller, but it is heavy sealed and it is so risky act. Any help will be accept with great appreciation! Thanks!
Do you have the JLG analyzer for this machine?
No, sorry, I have not!
Do you have all wheel drive sensors? I can't determine by the serial number as there were so many variations including where they were made.
I have just this manual but it is not correspond to reality! File name: JLG 3369 3969 electric service manual.pdf File size: 2.0 MB
Not drive sensors, only one tacho on the left rear wheel 41eaa23b-bbe5-4f19-9abd-db0fbb86ab26_Service_3120861_10-01-01_CE_English.pdf this is the most closest wiring here but not exactly 37 connector box, 17 pin dc motor connector, 15 pin tacho board, enable button in the side of platform control box.
Does the ground control panel have a digital display?
no, it is made about 1997 year
file:///E:/Lifters/JLG%20Scisors/PM-JLG-3369-Operaror%20manual.pdf it looks like this outside These links are download from internet so I post only links.
Some had displays even back then. Being made in Europe, what controller is in it and does it have a blinking led for trouble shooting (on the controller)?
Yes, will post a photo
Ok, look at the diagnostic led, have a helper operate the control stick. Watch the led and count the blinks, the diagnostic codes are on the controller. Do this a few times to make sure that your observation is correct
All is ok! No codes, only slow motion!
What is purpose of "S" terminal
Do you have a clamp on ammeter and a IR temperature sensor?
Yes, but with hand thermometer all is ok
"S" Terminal is for an external shunt.
I think it have to provide more "+ " when the motor start turning to the armature and lower supply to windings
But not know how exactly is realized internally. Do you take a scope view at this terminal yet?
Did you check the temps of all connections under load? I realize it doesn't go fast but if there is a poor connection it will show.
If you don't have an external shunt it is not used.
where is the shunt? this terminal is between armature and windings and noting else.
I repair all contactors' contacts, and make a properly measurements on them, no voltage drop, no heath, no temperature on motors and motor controller, the pump work perfectly and rising and downing, left and right directions are as need
Judging from the condition of the terminal, it doesn't appear to have ever had one.
What current is in armature in the hollow drive( in the air)?
It is possible that the controller has multiple internal mosfet failures but they tend to throw a "controller fault" code.
That would be difficult to say as there are too many variables such as a brake failure (piston seal or mechanical), mechanical problems, drag due to water in planetary being froze, etc.
I have measured the voltage by scope, the "A" terminal has 48 v Amp litude, the "S" terminal around half of it. The windings has equally drop, the armatures of motors also half of drop
The brakes I set manually off despite of the fact that they work perfectly.
If it was a tool machine or something else I will set coefficient of amplification of the amplifier and it will be all right
This is the root of the evil: all work OK- only slowly, but the switches are ok, tilt sensors(2 pieces) are ok
Not if there were a problem external to the amplifier.
Du you have more precisely wiring for this machine or even pinout of the motor controller with voltage on it. It will be the great help to me.
What I know for this lifter as wiring is taken by me manually and maybe something I interpreted not properly
Then if you feel the controller is the problem and have prooven that all inputs are correct then you only have one choice.
I am opened several controllers for electric lifters, forklift etc. and it is not so repairable because usually the components have not a names or text on them to find them or even analogies, especially power elements
You would be better served to contact a JLG service center in Europe as the EU has different standards and attachments than we do here. Their requirements may very the wiring diagram and ours would send you down the wrong path.
The controllers have to be the same I think
Thus the "Right to repair" movement, although with safety concerns some things are better left untouched. An Iphone is one thing, a machine with an operator is something altogether different.
OK, thank you for cooperation !
They have to be set up for the particular machine.
I work with machines more than 45 years, different and in different areas, so this is a long talk about manufacturers and their designs
You're welcome, and good luck.
Only few parameters, and they usually are not so important if the hardware are the same
If you change some hardware element in the sophistical system you have to implement it with suitable parameters so it have to work as the previous one
Good luck!
Solved! I made a small schematic between joystick / panel and DC control board and now it works well. I don't know if the components in this system are originally for label: JLG 3369 or someone was trying to hack controller or made his own designing lifter. The customer didn't explain exactly how it work it past, but it not work and it not have to work as he stated before.
Thanks for posting your findings, a lot of people don't. Glad you were able to find the problem.
I think it is the purpose of this kind of forums! Someone to help others to find right solution by self!
Do you know how can I put "SOLWED" in post title?