Could some one tell me the difference between the 480E LL and the 480F LL, were there many changes between the two? I am looking for the original case manual for the 480F LL. Thank you, eldon
I typed "480F/LL" in the E-Bay search and it finds the 480E service manual plus some sales brochures plus parts manual for the 480E/LL but not the 480F. I see that some of the parts are the same but so far I do not see what the difference is. I did find the manual here. http://www.ssbtractor.com/case_david_brown_manuals_4.html They show the manual way down the list, but it's like $210. They also show a operators manual. I have never ordered from this place but they show a LONG list of manuals available.
Thank you for the reply I have found the ones on ebay, that is why i am trying to find out about the difference between the two. If the 480E LL manual would work for my 480F LL. It would be nice if ssbtractor would show a person what you are getting before you buy it. I purchased the operators manual from them, some pages looked copied, not real good, other pages were pretty good.
I have one of these 480f just in for parts today if you ever need any. Just let me know
I think this is a common problem because I have seen it in other manuals. Real quality digital manuals have not been available for maybe 10-15 years back now. So, some of the ones the ones selling them now have an expensive scanner making them. After the copywrite has expired they buy one manual, scan it into a pdf file and sell them online. They can make/sell a CD, or sell the download online. So depending on the quality of their scanner, the photos especially may end up grainy or dark. Some will reprint these and sell the printed book to ship to you. For $200 I would expect a pretty good quality document. I think getting a Case dealer to find the proper document number is a good start. (TMXXXX) then search for this document number online. Sometimes the operators manual provides basic info that cannot be found in the technical manual, or some use the term "service manual." Then for me, even with both books you will still be scratching your head with some repair projects. You cannot replace "EXPERIENCE" with any book.
Dr. Dozer thanks Thank you for letting me know. If you have the backhoe, what condition is it, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being excelent. Also the condition of the radiator shroud? And the prices, thanks eldon
shroud looks very good $30 and the back hoe attachment looks good,I'd say a 7 $5000 would work for that and it will be cleaned ,painted and palleted
How can I make arrangement to purchase the shroud, and shipment to postal code 76513. My shroud is shot, and my engine is in a machine shop being rebuilt. I am sure that will be pretty pricey, I will have to pass on the back hoe. Thanks for the info.
You can e-mail [email protected] or call 863 419 0191
It was a pleasure talking with you, I am looking forward to recieving the shroud. You will be first on my list for future needed parts. Nice web site! Thank you, Eldon
thanks a bunch. and if you need those hitch arms $250 each
I have recieved all the parts today, excelent condition exactly what I needed. Pleasure doing bussiness with you. Have a great week end.
You're welcome,come on back any time