Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

490 Dynahoe tach,

Mr_Darryl ยท 2016-04-12 22:11

I have a Dynahoe 490 with a 4-53 Detroit, when I got it someone had cut all the wires underneath the dash and hood and I am trying to get the tach to work Could some one tell me what the Tach runs off of so I could possible get it going , it would be so great if some one could, and also I need a pre-cleaner bowl could some one point me in the right direction to get one of those ty

Replies3
  1. #1Blueboy2016-04-15 08:13

    My tach is wired to the alternator (GM internal) for the signal. It works now after I replaced the regulator. No charge no signal. Whats a pre-cleaner bowl?

  2. #2Mr_Darryl2016-04-21 19:26

    its that plastic bowl that goes on top of the hood that connects to the filter housing ,

  3. #3sheepfoot2016-04-21 22:01

    Hey! You can check out the donaldson ref on line or you may try store.airflo.com/precleaners, they have a few specs on there. You more than likely have a donaldson unit that is held on with a gates clamp or fitted tight on the intake pipe with some lock-tite or glue. Any luck on your tach yet?