Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310E with Side dump.. and couplers

born2ride ยท 2016-04-12 12:56

I wanted to put quick disconnect couples on the lines that goes to side dump piston. Reason: have a set of forks with grapple, also thinking of buying a auger and making it a front mount off fork set up. Looking for cons or problems i may have not had thought of!!

Replies3
  1. #1hosspuller2016-04-12 14:09

    What's going to prevent the side dump piston from operating? Or do you mean the side dump will be disconnected?

  2. #2born2ride2016-04-12 15:18

    The side dump piston will have female couples and male on hoses (machine side) Any coupler good?, hi-flow?

  3. #3Willie B2016-04-12 20:04

    Male & female couplers on each end. Mine supplied a four in one bucket, and before I bought it they replaced it with a GP bucket. I can plug in either a thumb, or a grapple. It works fine, but I have to reach in a little bit awkward reach behind me to use a thumb.