I have a 1998 490E just put a swing motor on it ran fine for 12 hours. Then it started to run every thing slow then my tracks move alright nothing else. been that way for 3 weeks. It tracks alright every thing else is in snail mode. The main pump has no different sound to it. Any help would be appreciated thank you
Why did you change the swing motor?
It quit swinging the plate the pistons go in broke. Cleaned all the meatal out, I thought, it worked for a while then every thing was slow. Then went back to working right, now everything is slow again the crowd boom bucket not the tracks though.
it quit swinging the plate and the pistons were borken. cleaned all the metal out i thought it worked fine for a while then everything got slow. then everything went back to working right for a while. now all is slow but travel
Did you change the screen at the bottom of the hydraulic tank?
If you feather the travel and run an upper function, does it pick up speed? If so look at the main relief valve.
yeah the screen was clean no slug or metal on it
Where is the main relief valve locatated?
When that motor broke you probably got shrapnel in your main control valve. You have a lot of work coming up trying to get all the metal out of your hydraulic system. Good Luck!
Or just sell it to me.
where should I start????????????? take the spool valve apart??
I'm sorry gordfarr if I mess up your post here. I also have a 490e with hyd prroblems, but I am unable to post a thread. I feel its a simple fix, with the right info, and theres seems to be a lot of great people helping each other on here with lots of good info. If some could dirrect me on how to post, that would be great. Once again, I'm sorry to have messed up your post gordfarr, and the best of luck to you with your hunt for the fix.
Gordfarr you need to take practically everything apart. Whenever a hydraulic component has a catastrophic failure like yours, you have to remove all other components and check valve plates etc.... Cylinders, inspect control valve, flush lines, inspect everything! It is a ton of work, but if not done right you will fail other components shortly after your original failure.
490E excavator Does any know what is resistance (ohms) of the rpm sensor (N sensor on pump) of a Deere 490E excavator? I am testing the sensors on the machine and I also need a wiring diagram.
490E excavator Hey got some prob with a 490E. Do you know what is resistance (ohms) of the rpm sensor (N sensor on pump) of a Deere 490E excavator? I am testing the sensors on the machine and I also need a wiring diagram.
must be 810 (+-240)
490E excavator Hey thanks man. When cold I got a reading of 156 ohms on my multimeter so i guess its bad. I suspected it because after replacing the DP sensor to clear up a stall issue the machine only stalls at full extension or load if the mode is set to tortoise. Also the engine speed is not normal, each mode revs higher than normal.
Did you ever get your 490e fixed
I know this is an old thread but have a 490E serial number-024999 … The swing motor is not getting 5,000# dead head bucket curl & have 5000# .. Swing has 2,500 # measured on the pump .. Tried curling bucket has 5,000 then moved to swing & pressure dropped to 2500#
Both directions?
Yes pressure drops to 2500#