I have a d6 r and built the click box to clear codes but am not sure what wires coming out of the box hook to what pins on the machine I have 2 plugs here are pictures I think I need to hook to the 4 pin plug anybody have a part # for the male end of that plug so I don't have to try to hold wires on the plug
wires 1 2 3 4 hook where on which connector
cat part # 155 2271 with pins and seals Mark
As Mark says you need a 155-2271 connector plus 4 female sockets (Part Number escapes me for the moment), one to crimp on each wire. If you look at the wiring diagram on the 3rd photo of your OP you will see a 4-pin connector right at the bottom RH side with the pins in the order 1, 2, 4, 3 from top to bottom. That is the 155-2271 and how the 4 wires connect to it. If you get hold of a 155-2271 and look at the back side of it the holes for the sockets are marked 1 thru 4, so getting the right wires in the right holes should not be difficult. Edit: The socket you want is P/N 8T-8730 x 4. The 3E-3373 Connector services to 155-2271.
Thanks guys I got the connector and pins today ,the connector has #'s on it so it makes a lot more since now . I will get it put together and see if it all works.
TBH if it was me I would crimp the sockets on to the four wires first and then just push them on to the male pins of the machine connector (the one in your first photo). Once you have used the Click Box and established that the wires are correctly connected then install them in the connector in the same order. The problem with those connectors is that once you get a pin/socket into the connector and it clicks into place you cannot get it out again without a special removal tool.