Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4IN1 Bucket Woes

JNB ยท 2014-03-27 16:14

At the suggestion of a fellow member here, I decided to relay my experience. He's right...there's a lot of good folks here and a lot of good information to be had. And, there's no reason why anyone should have to fork out their hard earned cash just trying to make a living. No bashing here, just the plain and simple truth. So here goes. I had made a decision to purchase a 4IN1 from High Rock Skid Steer for my CASE TR320. The specs were great, the price was right, and it was a pleasure to discuss attachments with the owner. He seemed up to snuff. I did, in the end though, have a very bad experience with the bucket(s) While the owner of the company was great to deal with, I can't suggest them as a source for attachments. You indeed get what you pay for. After I received the bucket, we had a pretty long bout of bad weather (for here anyway.) I wasn't able to do anything more with the bucket than unload it with my CTL and sit it on the ground. When I did get finally get a chance to use the bucket, two things immediately raised their ugly head. There was a major gap in the left side QA plate and a little smaller one on the right. Up and down and QA face to face. Not a little "lets shim it up" gap either...we're talking a bunch! Also, the clam wouldn't stay even remotely closed with the bucket in the dump position. The weight of the clam was too much for the cylinder. All of these flaws together made for a very heavy rattletrap of a bucket. I was informed that I must have accidentally been sent a "second". He apologized and said that their quality control department should have caught it. The bucket was returned and another sent out. The second bucket (no pun intended, cuz I ain't laughin') was far worse than the first! The jaws weren't lined up at all with a 7/8" daylight gap on one side. The clam and dozer cutting edges were way off, closed on one end but 1/2" apart on the other as well. The fitment of the QA plate was once again horrendous. When I contacted the owner he related that he hadn't actually inspected the bucket before it was sent out and that I must have accidentally been sent a "second" again! I'm thinking...you already sent out a flawed bucket and have an unhappy customer...and you don't even check it out first? Quality control my butt! The owner related in another email that neither bucket should have been sent out to me...then said that I would have to pay for the return of both buckets! My response was NO FLIPPIN' WAY! So I ended up only being out the shipping on the original bucket and finally got my check in the mail today. What I don't get, is that I told him that I had started threads on a couple of forums. You think he would have made sure that (at least) the second bucket was right! I'm just figuring that he doesn't care. :confused3: The first bucket. The second bucket.

Replies16
  1. #1RCTech92014-03-27 16:34

    Glad you posted here! Have you considered having a local fabricator building one?

  2. #2JNB2014-03-27 16:43

    From what I've seen around here, it's be hard to find someone to build a decent standard bucket let alone a combo!

  3. #3cartzblown94z2014-03-27 16:45

    I have bought a few sets of tracks and attachments from prowler with excellent results

  4. #4JNB2014-03-27 16:51

    Thanks! I've been looking at buckets from Prowler, Construction Attachments and Edge (CE). One other tidbit that I forgot to mention, is that the owner of High Rock stated in an email that the buckets they consider "seconds" are sent to auction. One of the sellers I see on ebay looks to offer one of HR's buckets too. There's no logo or name on the buckets at all. Buyer beware!

  5. #5Steve Frazier2014-03-27 20:44

    Most of my attachments are from QuickAttach, I'm very happy with them. My 4way bucket is Cat, not sure who makes them. Tough story, thanks for sharing.

  6. #6tmc_312014-03-28 01:17

    JNB, I also appreciate you taking time to relate your woes with High Rock Solid Skid Steer. I will avoid doing any business with them. He sounds kind of squirrely to me. There is a guy down in Brownwood that sells attachments. His prices seem pretty good to me. The neat thing about him is that he keeps a pretty good inventory on his yard. Last year I was looking for a brush cutter for my skid and I liked the one he had (he had two of them in inventory at the time). I also felt that the price was pretty good and it looked to be a solid machine. I told him that I might be having a job nearby where I would need a brush cutter and asked him if he would rent me one so I could try it out. He said he would be happy too. As it turned out the job didn't materialize so I didn't get a chance to give it a trial run. I was impressed with his sales technique. If you find yourself out that way, check out Hawk Hill Sales of Early Tx (next to Brownwood) They sell CID attachments. They also have a website: http://www.hawkhillsales.com Tim

  7. #7JNB2014-03-28 09:26

    Thanks Tim. I'll check him out. You have a pm over at the other place. John

  8. #8JNB2014-04-03 20:01

    There was some discussion on another forum that High Rock's buckets looked a lot like the buckets on Wildkat's site. I was purchasing a used Bobcat tooth bucket today and can confirm that Wildkat buckets are indeed made by High Rock. The seller had a Wildkat bucket there. Same manufacturer for sure. I guess Wildkat's problems aren't just with their grapples.

  9. #9RTSmith2014-04-14 22:52

    On that auction note- yes, I bought a "second" from a fairly well known Co. at a RB auction. Also bought a CID mower from RB, that when I called CID for some parts was told "they don't support equipment sold through auctions". So yes, I'll think differently about bidding @ Ritchie next time.

  10. #10Wildkat2016-08-24 15:43

    Wildkat Attachments Wildkat Attachments are made here in Denton, NC and NOT by anyone else. Please do know comment if you do not know the truth.

  11. #11JNB2016-08-24 22:21

    My opinion is just that...mine. And as long as this is still America I will express my opinion as I please, thank you. Since this thread is almost two and a half years old maybe Wildkat's quality has improved? Don't know and frankly don't care. Oh my...where are my manners? Welcome to HEF!

  12. #12willie592016-08-24 22:56

    Easy fellows, pull back on the reigns a bit and lighten up. With that said, I notice Wildcat is a recent new member to the forum, to that I say welcome. But after reading his four posts to date, I must ask Wildcat if he has read or forum rules about promoting a product/service, namely this one Granted, Wildcat hasn't actually made posts or started threads that promote their product, but rather have been responding to posts that have already mentioned their product. That doesn't necessarily go against the advertising rules, for lack of a better term it enters into a grey area. With that being the case, again, welcome to the forum Wildcat, but do remember we have rules about using the forum to promote a product/service, just keep it in mind.

  13. #13lantraxco2016-08-24 23:37

    I know this is a really old thread that's been resurrected to a degree, but having taken another look at the pictures of that 4in1 bucket and the welds... I never would have unloaded it, my dog can weld better than that for a couple biscuit an hour.

  14. #143X82016-08-25 16:59
  15. #15Welder Dave2016-08-28 14:36

    That's what I noticed as well. The long weld looked lumpy and cold.

  16. #16Welder Dave2016-08-28 14:42

    That's why I noticed as well. Horrible welds.