Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid steer problem

Marvin ยท 2014-03-27 15:58

Using it today and it just locked up its wheels and cut out and won't restart.....?. Any ideas it's a Ghel ... Thanks Ella

Replies3
  1. #1john metler2014-03-28 10:52

    If it is a Bobcat the machine will stop dead in its tracks if the battery voltage drops. Check the alternator for proper output and for a dead battery. Wheels will lock automatically.

  2. #2bill onthehill2014-03-28 19:08

    Does it have a lap bar or seat belt switch? Check the plug on the module in the upper left corner of the engine compartment as it may have come loose.

  3. #3Marvin2014-03-29 02:35

    Thanks Guys .... Yes , it's the second time it's done it, I checked the battery and that's fine, I think it is a safety cut out thing, it has a bar and a seat sensor I think, I had to push it back in the barn with the digger, and because the wheels had locked up wasn't easy, for a lady on her own lol , I'm not one for giving upp though. Thanks guys I'll see if I can sort this switch out ...Ella