I'm considering rebuilding the lower section of my 4in1 bucket. It has a split right in the middle, is bent, and has various other tears, bubba repairs and issues. All of the problems are with the lower section (is there a proper name?). the sides of the lower section, including vertical cutting edges, and lower teeth all seem to be in pretty good shape, and even the front horizontal cutting edge doesn't look too bad, other than being bent slightly. Why are 4in1 buckets made the way they are, with a hollow, thick bottom? Also, why are they made of such thin steel? it looks like 0.125 (1/8) inch. It just seems fragile. So I'm seeking forum advice on rebuilding the 4in1. Garret
Hi scottgs, I know what you mean, I had a seperation on mine. I found a good welder to get the repair done, he cut the back edge and welded a solid 1/2 inch steel back in place, about 4'' wide. I guess they try to keep the bucket as light as possible, i'am glad that i got a pro-welder to fix mine. sam.
Hey scottgs, That was 3/4 '' steel, the welder had to get the bucket straight, here's a photo. sam.
Thanks for the photos Sam. That is way thicker than even I was thinking. The trailing edge (I just made that up) on mine is not thick like that. But I can see how that would sure beef it up, as all of the problems on mine seem to stem from that back edge. Both the split up the middle, and the torn seams at the edge. I don't understand the reason for the hollow boxed design on mine. Is yours like that, or is it one sheet of steel? I'll post some pictures of mine in a little while. Garret
Here are photos of my bucket. These are all from the lower or front section of the bucket. 1. Top 2. Bottom and Back Edge
Hi scottgs, That looks like a bad crack, and tear. you need a pro-welder and some hard steel. Or look for a used bucket, or parts machine. good luck, sam.
I'm planning to just rebuild it. I just wonder if there are any hidden secrets?