Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4LE1 Head Gasket Part Number???

Kicker_92 ยท 2010-02-07 01:24

We have a 1999 Hitachi EX55UR-3 which has the Isuzu 4LE1 engine. Does any one know who makes a headgasket for this engine, or what other applications use the same engine setup? Our local Hitachi doesn't support it since it's a grey market machine. Thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1Kicker_922010-02-07 01:33

    A couple pictures:

  2. #2Kicker_922010-02-07 12:28

    I know the domestic EX50U uses the same oil filter and uses a 4LE1 engine as well, any idea if Isuzu would have differant head gaskets for models or years?

  3. #3John C.2010-02-07 12:44

    There are many different configurations for this engine. The only place I get parts for Isuzu diesel engines is here. www.hamiltonengine.com/ All the equipment dealers on the west coast that use these engines get their parts directly from the manufacturers or from these guys.

  4. #4Kicker_922010-02-08 11:44

    Thanks, I'll give they a try! Anyone have an exploded diagram or parts manual for this machine?

  5. #5Kicker_922010-02-11 12:48

    Ok, got the head gasket, valve cover, and exhaust gaskets in now. I think we can figure it out without a part diagram, but the last thing I need is a head bolt torque spec. Does anyone know what the torque is for these bolts?

  6. #6KenAl2010-02-11 20:49

    Klassen Diesel is the Isuzu Industrial Diesel Distributer in B.C. Give them a call. They have a couple of different locations. If they can't sell to you direct they will be able to stear you to a dealer.

  7. #7John C.2010-02-12 00:10

    Last time I worked on one I got the parts and service manual with the parts that I ordered. They were pretty inexpensive. Good Luck!