G'day I have a case 590sr 2010 model which had intermittent operation of 4x1 clam but now has stopped working all together. i checked the electrical side of things and i am getting 12v to the solenoids in the pilot circuit when the clam switch is operated. Where do i go from here to test hydraulic side of things. I know there is pressure relief on dcv though have not checked one before. I cannot hear the machine even trying to operate or sound like it is bypassing as i would when i hold a cylinder at the end of its stroke. When the clam was working it would only work if i wiggled the bucket controls don't know if that means anything or coincidence. cheers
Any one ever tested a relief valve do I need to pull the valve out and put it in a test block or can it be done on the machine. I’m going to get a gauge set off eBay anyone got any advice as to what else I might need. I know most of u might not be familiar with super R model but think it is similar to super M or what ever model run up to around 2010. Sr is side shift as opposed to centre mount from what I can make out.
There is a panel, under the LH Cabin door. The Hydraulic test ports are located there. The Main relief is tested on the machine. If you only have a problem with one circuit, then the main relief won't be the issue. You need to check the power & coil operation at the 4in1 section of the loader control valve. Seems to me if you had some type of issue at the control lever, that is the first place to start looking. The movement where the lever pivots can cause wiring issues.
Checked for power at the coil plugs and was getting 12v on operation of the switch. I don’t have a lever to control 4x1 I have a yellow rocker switch. Not sure if that is what u mean or are u talking about main control lever for loader. Either way certain not electrical fault unless coils are bad. Should I disconnect pilot lines going from solenoid section to main loader dcv and see if I get oil flow when I operate the rocker switch
Check the ground for those solenoids.
Yeh ground for solenoids is back through plug and tested between terminals on plug. Will double check it all though when I get back to machine
If power is going to the coils, then are they working? Can only be that servos are not sending oil or the spool is stuck at loader control valve. Not 100% sure this is correct layout for your machine, #6 looks like a test port - for pilot pressure most likely.
Yeh that’s the one. Looks like test port at solenoids#6. I physically checked spool at loader control and it slides in and out.
Found the Culprit. blown seals on pressure relief for pilot control circuit. Can any one tell me where I might find reverse lock out relay for starting circuit. Backhoe won’t start this morning