Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

5/8″ or 1/2″ ID hydraulic hose for Case 530ck?

Psyc-Hoe ยท 2026-07-14 14:16

I recently had O'Reilly make a bunch of Gates 5/8" hydraulic hoses for the 530ck TLB and today I went to install them. Well it turns out there was some misunderstanding because the hoses they made are all 1/2". My question is, will this affect the performance and/or strain the hydraulic system? Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1Tyler d4c2026-07-14 14:38

    You wont notice a difference. Put them on and go im assuming these where to be 5/8 hose with -8 jic males on the ends

  2. #2Psyc-Hoe2026-07-14 14:50

    OK. Yes, they replaced the orginal 5/8 hose with JIC males with 1/2 hose. The fittings all fit.. I was was just concerned about the restriction.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2026-07-14 15:52

    You wont have a problem using them

  4. #4willie592026-07-14 20:17

    On a production machine digging 6 days a week it might generate enough heat to be a problem, but I doubt you're going to work that 530CK like that. I say run it.

  5. #5Psyc-Hoe2026-07-15 11:14

    Thanks for reassurance guys. Yeah, this is a just a residential tractor for use on the property. I appreciate the help.

  6. #6edgephoto2026-07-15 19:11

    You should just ship your backhoe to me for proper disposal.