Hello, I have a Deere CT332, but am looking to get a lighter duty machine on wheels for lighter tasks (moving small wood piles, loading manure, etc.). I've been looking at machines and was wondering peoples' thoughts. Must haves are cab/ac, pilot controls, and 2 speed (10+ mph). Options: (1) Deere 318D or 318E: haven't gotten a quote on one yet. Would want the following options: - 2 speed - Pilot/isos - CAB w/AC (2) New Holland L220; again, same options as above. Got a quote which came in at $44K which seemed extremely high to me. Are these things really that much? (3) Bobcat S510; haven't looked. Any idea about a ballpark price on a 2 speed one with Cab/AC and pilot controls Any others to consider? Any thoughts on the list above and price expectations (I assumed I could get a good machine new for 30-35K or so). Thanks for the help.
You can't get A/C on a S510.
Have you considered a compact wheel loader, like the Gehl AL540? 2500lb ROC, 47hp, cab/air/heat offered, 2 speed/12mph, excellent controls, 54" wide, 15.5" wide tires, 10'8" bucket pin height. I am aiming to get one to go along with my Kubota SVL90-2. Can be had for around $48-49k with cab and air.
Cat. but from your list I would get the deere or bobcat. I have heard horror stories on the new holland 200 series but have not delt with them
I would go to the case web site and compare specs. you can look at 4 or 5 machines side by side. It may be somewhat difficult to get that low of horse power with a/c, not sure. I think a mustang 2056 II would fit your criteria and close on price, but don't know if you have any good dealers close by. We just bought our second new 2076 equipped this way for under 40.
They are that much. The price to met the Tier 4 interim or Final what ever the case may be is not cheap. I priced a CASE 210 and was surprised at the price as well. It was loaded but it hit mid 40's.
As KSSS stated the newest machines are not cheap. Prices for E series Deeres around here are plenty high as well. I wouldn't want another L220 and if you are planning to use it for dairy type work you will be disappointed as many have been. Outside of that there are people who like them but they are not setup well for a modern dairy. Nothing wrong really with Bobcat. It's not on your list but have you looked at a 242D Cat? Meets your specs and depending on where you are could be cheaper than the NH quote you got. Remember with NH and Bobcat you have to pay extra for EH controls. Standard on some other brands. Bobcat used to be $2,400 for the SJC controls and I was quoted a similar price for an L220 as well. That was back in 2011 though. Things may have changed.
318E with 2 speed, Pilot/isos, and CAB w/AC was quoted at 44K with 1.9% for 48 months. Does this seem high? Is there any way to get these things in the 30s new with these options? Has anyone managed to find a 318D new in the low to mid 30s with 2 speed, Pilots/isos, and a Cab w/AC? Getting a CAT quote now too on a 236D as that seems to be the smallest one they make with a 2 speed.
236D is a radial lift machine versus the L220 and 318 being vertical. S550 Bobcat would compare to 236d. S530 would be close to 318. S590 would compare with 242D L220 and 320E
Not to highjack the thread, but how do you know looking at a machine whether its a small, mid or large frame machine? Does it go by ROC?. So up to a particular weight ROC then its considered one or the other?
Ended up getting a Cat 262C with 234 hours on it for $30K. Seems like a decent deal. Machine has a cab with heat/AC, hydraulic quicktach, standard flow, 2 speed. We're hoping that it will hold up well.