Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 753 traction lock problem

SuperDirty77 ยท 2014-04-25 16:44

Hello everyone, I have a 2000 Bobcat 753 G series ( sn#515832169) . I just got done replacing all of the axle/wheel bearings. This was definitely a job in it's self for sure. After I put everything back together, when I tried to start the machine it immediately shuts down. It's acting as if I was trying to move with out pressing the green button to release the brake. Even with the lap bar down and I can not get the traction lock to disengage.. It's feels like the machine is creeping, I have it on Jack stands still with the front chain box cover removed, and I can see the sprockets moving as I run the engine over. When I took the stick bars off I marked them to make sure I put them back in the same location. I've called every bobcat dealer in south Florida and No one seems to any idea what I'm talking about. If someone knows or might know what's going on any help would be greatly appreciated. . Thanks, Spencer

Replies5
  1. #1willie592014-04-25 18:36

    Ok, it sounds like you have serious creep. Now I have no idea how you suddenly have so much creep, but if you still have it on the stands, and you've thoroughly checked the steering links for something wrong causing a drive motor (or both) to be engaged on start up, then you need to jockey the sticks forward or back just a bit to find null for the drive and get the motor started, then hit the green enable button. Once you get the brake released you proceed with adjusting drive neutral.

  2. #2SuperDirty772014-04-25 19:13

    I failed to mention that I noticed the bushing in the left side arm on the pump was worn out, so it was trying to remove the centering plate and I took off the steel block that keep it in neutral. And I put them back on with out thinking it matters much where they go. . So I took the steel blocks and bars off and tried again. I seemed to make some progress and then the battery was getting weak. I also came across you post of "How to fix Bobcat creep" this was very informative and I am going to go back to my shop now and start over. But now the more think about it I know what's going on. I do appreciate your information and quick response. . Thanks again, and I'll post an update later tonight. on the out come.

  3. #3willie592014-04-25 19:59

    Sounds good, I hope the info helps you get it sorted out.

  4. #4crewchief8882014-04-26 19:08

    if you moved (or removed) and reinstalled the blocks under the centering plate, you've already aware of the problem. leave the machine on the jackstands starting from square one, you might want to remove the park brake until you get the steering adjustment back close to being in neutral. adjust and center the LH side first (it has 1 hole and a slot for the adjuster block) before trying to adjust the RH side. then position the rh lever in neutral and slide the block over until it touches both the cams. snug everything down and see if you still have creep. if so (you probably will) readjust the LH side FIRST, before adjusting the RH side. sometimes you get lucky and the 1st time everything is good to go, but it usually takes a couple times making smaller and smaller adjustments each time. :drinkup

  5. #5willie592014-04-26 19:31

    Yep, the more you do it the better you get at it. That first time typically makes you want to pull your hair out one at a time with tweezers. :Banghead