One of my rock suppliers has this sitting at the pit. He says he ran it last week. It weighs 40 ton. It takes a large arm to run it 8 hours a day, but it will load faster than a modern 3 yard hydraulic loader (so I am told). Is it worth a $1000? Anyone know anything more about this machine? I tried google.....no dice.
Here's an ebay item that might tell you a little something. I've always wanted to learn to run something like that. BTW, that turned up when I asked Google for "insley shovel".
There is a similar unit I've seen on the #9 highway in Maine but it is mounted on a truck. I don't think it runs though. Is he selling it for $1000 ? I'd buy it just to have in my backyard!
I have been bugging the owner for years to let me haul off that old shovel. When I last told him I'd give a $1000 for it he showed some interest for the first time. My thought is to haul it home for a decoration that runs. mailbox mount? Might be fun to fire up from time to time. Kids could play on it (kid proofed of course). And free up some pit space for my buddy the owner.
there is 2 machines that look like that in a pit near me in se pa the 1 ran a few years ago
that machine looks pretty cool. send it here, I want it. :yup give the keys here.
Id say its worth way more than $1,000 just in scrap metal. Would definatly make for a nice conversation piece. If Im ever rich one day, I could definatly see restoring old equipment as one of my hobbies...
Or to provide parts for others who have a use for them?
A little degreaser,glass & paint mailbox ready. If it runs & works $1000 is cheap. Tie your mower to bucket & have fun cutting your lawn & your wife can see you did not waste any money