Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

5000 Tonne Heavy Lift ship ..

liebherr1160 · 2010-01-20 17:46

Larger than the Sapura 3000 ordered by Saipem ..The mast crane on the ship reaches a huge 150 m (492 ft) above the deck. “It will be the largest single mast crane ever built. Until now the largest crane measured 3,000 sT for the Sapura 3000 Interestingly enough the HLCV BOREALIS ,as the hull is known, was intially supposed to have been comissioned in 2010 ...she has since been sold and now to be comissioned by its new owner in 2012 ..who will be adding pipelaying capability to the ship ..... http://www.nordicheavylift.com/index.php/homepage.html

Replies10
  1. #1heavylift2010-01-20 19:35

    How dare them to put my name on a ship without my permission strange looking.... I don't know how it works... but wouldn't it be a little wobbly over the side.. even with shifting ballast around maybe.. I guess I'll look for a load chart....

  2. #2shipman2010-01-20 23:12

    2012 eh, the polar ice cap should be just about melted by then, maybe there will be work in the artic for her, I'd guess that load chart would be best over the stern, still you would need more than one to raise a sub like the Kursk which weighed in at 10,000 tons ( hope that never happens again).

  3. #3heavylift2010-01-21 01:10

    http://www.huismanequipment.com/documenten/products/5000mt_hlmc.pdf http://www.huismanequipment.com/documenten/products/3000_sht_hlmc.pdf

  4. #4liebherr11602010-01-21 08:38

    The answer is there in the load curve's .. 5000t over the rear 4000t over the side and comparable charts out to 45meter radius.. Also note that the ultimate load is based on both block's hanging vertical ..like sling angle's when they open up they lose capacity ..

  5. #5heavylift2010-01-21 11:41

    I found another site... help wanted ad... I think it was on their website... wanting crane DRIVERS. might be the other side of the pond term... This was for the 2 smaller cranes on the deck.. I found the term amusing because that what I usually call someone that can't operate, on any equipment... like skid steer driver :soapbox even though they tell you si the whole time... then set there for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to start the machine... then I get Yelled at for not showing them how to run something they said they knew how to run it....and is basically a warm body

  6. #6liebherr11602010-01-21 13:50

    I wonder ..because I dont see it here in the pic..If they will install Azipod's ..I would have thought she would have had 4 ..this would eliminate the need for a bow thruster .. A bow thruster and regular shaft driven propulsion/rudder system is really gonna test its ability to stay within a meter or less of its intended target ..

  7. #7liebherr11602010-01-21 13:56

    I take that back ...see will use Azipod propulsion I wonder how many Ton of fuel per mile she will consume. I believe the Maresk PannaMax super container ship ..the Diesel injector's essentially shoot approx 5 gallon's of fuel in the cylinder at 3200psi on each power stroke .

  8. #8Linkbelt HC2010-01-21 22:37

    Heavy lift vessel Imagine changing parts of line on the hook blocks !!

  9. #9liebherr11602010-01-22 10:06

    Its not that hard ...tuggers and reeving winches ...

  10. #10shipman2010-01-22 13:30

    just about every spec on that monster is mind boggleing, 5 km of cable on the deep water aux. winch !!!, a roll compensating system with 4m of travel at over 1m/sec. !!! How much $$$ ??