Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

** 50E Powershuttle Issue

TooManyIrons ยท 2020-07-14 20:00

I decided to change the filters and fluid in the transmission of my MF50E. Anyway the tractor worked fine until I changed the trans oil (Chevron THF, label states it meets the Massey Ferguson Spec) and filters. After the fluid/filter change the tractor will not move and steering takes a lot of effort, even with the front wheels off the ground. The three point works fine. The shop manual stated that the power steering was self bleeding, but I must be missing something. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1TooManyIrons2020-07-18 18:05

    For anyone who is interested, I resolved the problem. I noticed that the power steering pump sounded like it was cavitating, so I thought I would remove the filter just before the pump (one of the filters I replaced) and noticed that some idiot installed the filter upside down. Once I installed the filter properly, everything worked as it did before I worked on it.

  2. #2JL Sargent2020-07-19 14:42

    Thank goodness it wasn't something more serious.