Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

510 C JD

BDG ยท 2019-11-02 21:43

OK folks here we go have a John Deere 510 C when I'm trying to swing the boom left or right it is uncontrollable I need a solution to this problem

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2019-11-02 22:55

    Well, 1. is this a new machine to you, or how long have you had it? 2. how long has it been doing this? 3. what other backhoes have you operated before, and how many hours approximately? 4. are you comfortable using two or three functions at a time? 5. what engine speed are you running? 6. how much slop in the pins? extend the boom all the way out, jiggle side to side, how far does it bounce back and forth?

  2. #2Ronsii2019-11-03 00:14

    And please define in more detail the uncontrollable boom, Thanks

  3. #3BDG2019-11-03 21:20

    OK I'm comfortable operating as backup when I curl the bucket lower the boom and swing at the same time it does not take off fast only if I swing by itself is it uncontrollable if I lower the idle speed then it shakes wow I'm picking up the main front bucket there was a lot of water in hydraulic system I have change the hydraulic fluid twice and expect to have to do it again to get it all out as far as digging it digs very good just when you go mostly left it takes off like a bat outta hell is there something in the controls then I can look at to see if we can slow it down get it to work more smoothly

  4. #4690elc2019-11-17 06:02

    Backhoes like you to be always operating 3 motions at a time, curl, swing, boom raise, for example. If you have a 2 stick and just swing it, they can really move fast and flip you over if your end stop valving is not working