Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

52″ Mulching Head for Rayco C85L

Rafiki ยท 2012-11-29 18:12

I am looking to get a mulching head for Rayco C85L. Anyone know where I can check? New or used.. Your assistance is very much apppreciated

Replies6
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2012-11-29 21:36

    I used to have a Rayco 85, I bought the machine with the mulching package I highly recommend, that you have the forestry package, before using a mulching head on this machine. Rayco had alot of problems with those 85 models/Duetz engines. The machine I bought from Rayco, was a turn in government machine, they blowed up two engines, before someone thought about putting the extra cooling package on it. I got about 100 hours on the third engine, with the cooling package. If I remember they quit using Duetz engines and went to Yanmar engines about 2004 I loved the machine, but it was a piece of crap, you would think after spending $70,000, it would have lasted more than 100 hrs The dealer and Rayco took the machine back Words of caution, good luck

  2. #2Rafiki2012-11-29 22:14

    Thank you so much. I already purchased the machine. It is fairly used. I am new to this, can you elucidate on the forestry package? Thanks again

  3. #3Willis Bushogin2012-11-30 20:03

    forestry package about $5000, if I remember correctly The best way to discribe it, its like a big radiator, with a hydraulic powered fan, in a housing, located outside and on top of the engine compartment. This adds about 5 times the cooling capacity, the mulching head takes alot of power and causes lots of heat If you dont have this forestry package, dont waste your money on a mulching head Call Rayco and see what they tell you Do you have the Deutz engine?

  4. #4Rafiki2012-12-03 15:15

    Yes, It has a Deutz engine

  5. #5Willis Bushogin2012-12-03 20:49

    HUMMMMM better keep an eye on the air filters and cooling

  6. #6Rafiki2012-12-04 10:24

    Thank you very much for your assistance